A New Way To Give
Each year, people like you support the South Dakota Symphony through their tax-deductible charitable donation to the Annual Fund. The Annual Fund gives our generous donors unique benefits, unprecedented access to the music and musicians, and exceptional experiences.
Your donation supports all South Dakota Symphony programs including main stage concerts, youth education, the retirement series, touring, and life-long learning.
Please consider the levels and benefits below and discover how your support can enhance your life and your community.
Donor Levels and Benefits
Each level includes all benefits in the levels listed above and are based on giving from July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013.
Friend: $1 – $249
- Recognition in the Program Book
- Invitation to an SDSO Open Rehearsal
Champion: $250 – $499
- Two complimentary tickets to an SDSO concert of your choice (subject to availability)
Advocate: $500 – $999
- Two passes to the Virtuoso Room (described below)
Maestro: $1,000 – 1,499
- Four passes to the Virtuoso Room
- Free preferred parking
- Invitation to the “Come Fly With Me” donor appreciation party
- On stage rehearsal invitation
Virtuoso: $1,500 – $2,499
- One Encore! event (described below)
- Unlimited access to the Virtuoso Room
- Private backstage tour led by Maestro Gier or an SDSO Musician (by appointment)
Aficionado: $2,500 – $4,999
- 6 guest passes to the Virtuoso Room
- Two Encore! events
Golden Baton: $5,000 – 7,499
- One Exceptional Experience (described below)
- Autographed CD from the guest artist (when available)
- Three Encore! events
Benefactor: $7,500 – $9,999
- Two Exceptional Experiences
- Private Dakota String Quartet, Dakota Wind Quintet, or Augustana String Quartet performance
Angel: $10,000 +
- Three Exceptional Experiences
- Four Gala tickets and a private limo to the event
Unlimited access starts at $1,500. Enjoy a private room at the Pavilion that includes:
- Secure coat rack
- Cash bar
- Guest artist visits
The room will be open for each Saturday evening concert from 6:30pm through intermission.
Encore! begins at $1,500. Extend your concert memories by hobnobbing with musicians and guest artists after the show.
Encore! events are limited to a small number of people providing an intimate and memorable experience.
2012-2013 Encore Events
- World Premier Event – Friday, January 11, 2013 (Capacity = 30)
Sit on stage for the rehearsal of a world premier commission. Later, join composer Jerod Impichchaachaaha’Tate and soloist Stephen Bryant for a wine and hors d’oeuvre reception.
- “Come Fly With Me” – Saturday, February 23, 2013 7:30pm For all $1000+ donors
“The Best is Yet to Come” at the Post-Concert Event with Simply Sinatra’s Steve Lippia. Come let the “Moonlight Serenade” you and party like Ol’ Blue Eyes.
- It’s a “Thriller” of a Night – Saturday, March 9, 2013, Post-Concert (Capacity = 100)
Don’t just “Beat It” after the concert, come party with the Jeans’N Classics crew. “This is It,” the only place to be!
- “April in Paris” - Saturday, April 27, 2013, Post-Concert (Capacity = 30)
After the finale of the 90th anniversary season join us for a post-concert dessert and wine soiree with world-renowned soprano Dawn Upshaw.
Exceptional Experiences begin at $5,000. Receive unparalleled access to the orchestra, enhance your concert experience, and participate in one-of-a-kind opportunities only offered by the South Dakota Symphony Orchestra.
2012-2013 Exceptional Experiences
- Private score reading session with Maestro Gier
- National Music Museum tour with Maestro Gier or an SDSO Musician
- Opportunity to serve as a special liaison to an SDSO guest artist
- Private dinner with Maestro Gier
- Lunch, dinner, or post-concert cocktails with an SDSO guest artist
- Dinner with members of the Dakota String Quartet, Dakota Wind Quintet, or Augustana String Quartet.
To donate to the South Dakota Symphony Orchestra’s Annual Fund, call the office at 605-335-7933. Donations can also be mailed in to 301 S Main Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57104. If you wish to donate online via our paypal option, visit our donate online page.
All donations are 100% tax deductible. When we receive your gift you will be sent a letter stating the amount of your gift for your tax purposes.