Please show your continued support and care for the South Dakota Symphony Orchestra by donating to the 2016-17 Annual Fund. Your tax-deductible gift is crucial to the health and future of our organization. There are many ways to give to the symphony. Please contact our office at 605-335-7933 ext. 15 so that we may answer any of your questions.
Support from individuals and our business community made the following “firsts” possible during the 2016-17 season::
- The SDSO was awarded the Bush Prize for Community Innovation. This transformative gift, in partnership with our New Music USA composer residency, will realize the third phase of our Lakota Music Project, expand our work with diverse communities, and launch a new education program.
- Our community engagement and education programs attendance saw a 26% increase over the previous year, and 80% growth since 2012!
- The SDSO’s new young professionals group, Overture, formed in October of 2016, brings together those who share a passion for music and learning.
In 2017-18, we will continue this trend:
- The SDSO will continue its partnership with Carnegie Hall in New York and the Sioux Falls School District through the 4th grade recorder program, Link Up, by adding a second performance with the orchestra, doubling the reach of the program.
- Composer-in-Residence, Jerod Impichchaachaaha’ Tate, has instituted two Composition Academies in Sisseton and at Crazy Horse Memorial, which engage students in creative expression while guiding them to create compositions that the Dakota String Quartet or the Dakota Wind Quintet will perform.
- Join us for our new South Dakota Christmas spectacular ‘Tis the Season in December! The warmth of the holidays takes center stage as Broadway stars join the orchestra, chorus, and an array of performers.
We look forward to our continued work together as we develop engaging programs that serve our unique community. Thank you for making the choice to continue supporting your South Dakota Symphony Orchestra.